Install via SBF
- Charge your device! It’s never wrong to have a full battery, but we recommend at least 50% before you initiate the upgrade.
- Shut down the device and start into bootloader mode (d-pad up + power)
- Connect the Milestone and install the USB Drivers if not already installed
- Start RSD Lite. DO NOT MODIFY ANY SETTINGS!
- Flash our SBF-file.
- The phone will reboot automatically after RSD has finished.
- The initial reboot may take very long, be patient and don’t touch the phone!See below if you are stuck at the M or in a reboot loop
- Root your phone like you did in the older releases by applying the update.zip either via the root update.zip or the faboulous OpenRecovery from Skrilax_CZ.
- We recommend our OpenRecovery G.O.T edition (see below) to modify and root your device.
Now you are good to go with your new firmware version… 😉
RANDOM error: Although these are service files (means your data should remain intact), we have had some non-reproducable instances with these files where a battery take-out/place back in is required to boot the device (up to 2 times) also with the original Motorola sbf files.
If you are stuck at the Motorola logo or the Android loading screen after a considerable amount of time (5 minutes)
– Take out the battery, then reinstall the battery (cold reboot)
– Try whether the device now boots. If not, repeat once more.
– If the device still does not boot, boot straight into recovery and perform a data wipe.
– You can then restore your previously taken /data image from nandroid after the initial boot.
OpenRecovery G.O.T V1.0
If you want to unleash your Milestone, you should apply our OpenRecovery G.O.T. Mod.
This will enable the following:
- Overclocking in mot_boot_mode.
- Change of the build.prop to allow market access.
- Simple screen with G.O.T. wallpaper and black notification bar adapted to the new framework which was introduced with SHOLS_U2_02.36.
Install the included update.zip in the root directory of your SD card. The included OpenRecovery folder must be copied to your SD card also (note: you may have to delete a previously installed version of OpenRecovery first by deleting the folder on your SD card)
DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. G.O.T will and cannot take any responsibility for any issues or damages to your device. If you are unsure, uncertain or not able to recover from any issues that may arise during the installation, do not use this release.