Test built of froyo located?
Our sources have advised us that the initial test builts for froyo have started to be compiled. We will try to find and flash them and report back to you asap.
We know you are impatient to get your hands on it, but we need to do some sanity checks and recompiles before we unleash it to you hungry wolves. Why you ask?
1. The 2.2 kernel is sure powerful, but without the ocerclock and other modifications we all, over the months and year by now, learned to use and love, you will not be happy. We sure are not🙂
2. Since this is, as we stated, an internal test build, we can do some modifications on it/with it that we have already had to do (or others had to do) with the existing 2.2 versions out there. This hopefully will result in a more stable and “ready” release for you guys to get your hands on.
3. Our team has tested the device to death as much as possible, and our test results reveal that there is just too much different results with different users. Example: Some have a working WPA2-encrypted WLAN, others, including me, do not. Now, we know there are developers out there that simply dont care and release it with such behaviors, but we have some sort of minimum quality standards and reputation that we want to ensure once we launch, we are ready and able to tell you “ah this happens you do that”.
Nothing is more frustrating for us than a user comment “this and that happens”, and we only can shrug our shoulders.
4. At the moment, with the “simple” 2.2 kernel and software build as it is, we do not believe that this is ready enough for you guys to use as software for daily use.
5. The well established developers are supporting us on this built. They and we will try to solve the follwing before we are ready:
– Overclocking possible – current status – NO
– WLAN works – current status -NO
– Double USB (the standard Froyo/Google mount message AND the Motorola USB at the same time), this is very confusing and problematic
Once this is sorted, we will launch. Next question I expect – When ?!?!?
Well honestly no idea, BUT!!! we expect something in the next days, or at the latest by the end of the week. If a developer beats us to it, that is fine :):)